ACKNOWLEDGEMENT / CONSENT FORM-HORSE RIDING PARTICIPANTS
Indus International School offers horseback riding programs for those interested in Casual riding, Dressage, Jumping and related workshops and clinics. Programs of this sort involve risk of personal injury, including, but not limited to, bruises, broken bones, head injuries and death. All normal safety precautions are taken to protect our participants, but occasionally accidents do happen. Horses may, without warning or apparent cause, buck, rear, stumble, fall, spook or make unanticipated movements, jump obstacles in their path, bite, kick, step on a person’s foot, or push or shove a person, and saddles or bridles may loosen or break, all of which may result in injury. We further note that if you are pregnant or immunocompromised you may be at a greater risk of injury and/or of contracting possible zoonotic agents due to your close proximity to animals and should consult your health care provider before undertaking equestrian activities. The school does not provide insurance to program participants. We strongly suggest that if you are interested in these programs, you should be covered under your own private insurance plan.
Additional information you would want Emergency Medical Personnel to know: In case of emergency, the ambulance will take you to the nearest or first available hospital for riders under 18 years of age:
I give my consent for , my (son) (daughter) (ward) (“RIDER”), to participate in the above mentioned riding programs and/or workshop. I have read the information provided above, understand that equestrian activities carry inherent risks, persons engaged in recreational equestrian activities assume the risk and legal responsibility for injuries to their persons or property arising out of the hazards inherent in such activities. I acknowledge and understand that if my (son) (daughter) or (ward) is member may be transported to and from events in vehicles owned and operated by school. I acknowledge that there are specific risks of injury to person and/or property that are associated with such transportation, and hereby agree to hold the school harmless from any liability arising out of the acts or omissions of participant during any such trip, subject to any limitations or restrictions against such indemnification that are imposed by law. I further attest that I am at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully authorized and competent to sign this acknowledgment and permission on behalf of the above-named RIDER.
Horse Rider’s Code of Conduct
- I understand that riding at any standard has inherent risk and that all horses may react unpredictably on occasions.
- I may fall off and could be injured. I accept that risk.
- I understand that instructions are given for my safety and agree to follow instructions given to me by staff and instructors at the riding school.
- I reserve the right not to ride a horse allocated to me and may request a change of instructor.
- I understand that wearing an appropriate riding hat and body protector may reduce the severity of an injury should an accident happen and agree that I will always wear a riding hat whist riding, leading and grooming horses at the riding school. I understand it is my choice whether or not I wear a body protector.
- I understand that the riding school will make decisions based on information I give them and agree to always be honest and volunteer information about:
- my abilities and riding experience
- any previous riding accidents
- any medical condition(s) which may affect my ability to ride
- I understand that children are at particular risk around horses and agree that I will keep any children that I am responsible for, under close supervision when they are not being instructed by the riding school.
- I understand that the riding school may refuse my request to ride for safety and operational reasons.
- I understand that competing carries enhanced risk over and above general riding and agree that if I chose to participate in any competition or event, it is up to me to ensure that I have the experience and ability to ride the course including any jumps which form part of it. If I am in any doubt, I will use my judgement and experience and not enter.